Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Suggestions? Submissions? Shout-outs?

Whatever you want to tell us here at Mikey Does Cosplay, we're always happy to hear your thoughts and feedback!

           

123 Street Avenue, City Town, 99999

(123) 555-6789

email@address.com

 

You can set your address, phone number, email and site description in the settings tab.
Link to read me page with more information.

Blog

Here's where the magic happens. I'll be posting about all of my experiences and experiments (both failed and successful ones), introducing you to my costumes, sharing fun stories, linking tutorials and useful products, and who knows what else!

 

WIP Wednesday

Michael MacWolff

Welcome back, folks! I've been hard at work putting together my next cosplay: Vaida from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. I'm super excited to have a big group of FE7 folks at Matsuri, hopefully we'll have a bunch of awesome photos when all's said and done!

Vaida.png

Well, we all know you don't want to hear me yammering on, so here's some photos of what I've been working on!

IMG_0596.JPG
IMG_0597.JPG
IMG_0604.JPG

Thank god the armor is simple, just a breastplate and a pair of shoulder pauldrons. True old school FE flier stuff. It's all EVA foam, heat shaped. The details are craft foam, and yes I did add some fanciness to the shoulders cause I thought it could use them. I initially painted the details light blue to match the fabric I got for her, then I looked at the reference artwork again and realized it was probably supposed to just be silver. So I painted it blue, and did a silvery metallic wash over it and boom, done.

IMG_0610.JPG

Look, I made a tunic/dress too! The details are appliqued on the way I generally do, and the trim is the same satin that I made bias tape out of. The breastplate velcros on the front, and there's a strap that goes around the back to keep it snug. The shoulder pauldrons and the cape velcro on the shoulders. They're nice and lightweight so they shouldn't fall off like Ashnards always do.

IMG_0636.JPG

Leeeeeeeeegy
These boot covers were a pain in the ass to make but they turned out rather well. I'm going to be so freaking tall in these heel good god.

IMG_0638.JPG

Here's the base material for the spear. The tip is MDF at it's core and foamcore extra layers for the design. I sturdied the end with some worbla scraps, and the designs along the shaft are in puff paint. The shaft itself is a curtainrod I've been waiting to use for a while.

IMG_0665.JPG
 Here's a closeup of the head so you can see the painted details. Not too shabby if I do say so myself ;-)

Here's a closeup of the head so you can see the painted details. Not too shabby if I do say so myself ;-)

And that's that! I'm debating if I can get away with using my own hair, she's definitely blonde and not ginger, but my hair is pretty light when it's cut short. We'll see about that.