Contact Us

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Suggestions? Submissions? Shout-outs?

Whatever you want to tell us here at Mikey Does Cosplay, we're always happy to hear your thoughts and feedback!

           

123 Street Avenue, City Town, 99999

(123) 555-6789

email@address.com

 

You can set your address, phone number, email and site description in the settings tab.
Link to read me page with more information.

Blog

Here's where the magic happens. I'll be posting about all of my experiences and experiments (both failed and successful ones), introducing you to my costumes, sharing fun stories, linking tutorials and useful products, and who knows what else!

 

Matsuricon Commission Progress

Michael MacWolff

Yes, I missed the usual WIP Wednesday by a couple of days but whatever. Here's the stuff I've been working on! It's all commissions since I already have all of my own projects done for Matsuri.

IMG_0864.JPG

First up is a new Raven Branwen mask. I had to repattern it since I didn't keep the old pattern from the first one i made. This is for a friend who will be cosplaying Raven alongside the Yang for whom I recently finished the gauntlets.

IMG_0879.JPG

The pattern may be new, but the method isn't; I'm making it the same way I madee the first one, with craft foam and cardstock as the base and worbla over top. 

IMG_0887.JPG

The mask is fully constructed at this point, including the raised sections for the red markings, which you can see drafted above. Now it's getting a bunch of mod podge and I'll start the painting this weekend!

Next up is the companion weapon to the sword I recently finished (you can see it in this blog post), the Blue Rose. It's the gun Nero weilds alongside his sword, the Red Queen.

BlueRose.jpg

Originally I wasn't planning on having this done until Youmacon but things worked out such that I currently have time. 

IMG_0888.JPG

This is as far as I've gotten on the construction but it's coming together pretty nicely. The handle is wood, all cut and dremeled by hand. The cylinder is a section of heavy duty mailing tube that I cut and used the dremel again to make the grooves and the vinet design. The hammer & trigger are both MDF since they needed to be thinner than the rest of the frame. The only other bits that aren't in the photo are the barrels, which are made out of PVC. I still need to do a lot of fine sanding on everything and of course there are sections that aren't even there yet but things are moving along. The engraved details are going to take a long time and there are a lot of them! But it should be really pretty when it's done.

And that's all for now!